User's Guide for SPEC Schools
Relax. It only looks like a ton of information.
You got this.
My Profile – After logging in you should be directed to your Profile page.
- Your User’s Guide. You’re looking at it right now. There are others on this site (the Quick Start Guide is helpful), but this is for SPEC schools. You guys get special treatment. So there.
- My Profile. This is your hub. All your account info, your personal list of courses, and the links for group management. When in doubt, start with your Profile.
- Group Purchasing. What’s a group? It’s a way of organizing users under your administration so you can track their progress. This button is the only way to get to your exclusive shop, and you should only use that shop. No one else can even see this button. Tap it and we go to…
The super secret store – Read the instructions. Worth it. Only two products? Yep. One for educators and one for students. Both are fully loaded, so… jackpot. You will need to purchase them separately (such as educators first, and then students). You’ll see why in a sec. Bring your discount code!
The Checkout – Use an email address that’s not likely to change, since all receipts and notifications will go there. Also, there is a place here for you to enter a group name. You cannot change this name later, so it’s worth a think. We suggest using the course name and start date as a handy way to stay organized.
The Group Management Panel – It might look confusing, but you’ll get it. Promise.
- Group Name. Once you have more than one group, this will become a drop-down selector.
- Add User. This is where you use those credits. I don’t know why there’s an option for adding one user. It works the same as multiple. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Add Group Leader. As school admin you’re automatically here, but you can add more. A Group Leader can see everyone’s scores and contact them through the Email Users button, but they cannot access the course material directly.
Quiz Selection – You can get everyone’s scores in real time right here just by refreshing the page.
- Be sure to select the right Course and Quiz.
- Tap the tiny quiz page icon to drill down for more detail.
Quiz Drill Down – We can’t tell you what they had for lunch, but we can tell you everything about their quiz.
We have had rare reports of an answer being recorded incorrectly (a learner answers A and the system records B). It’s rare. We encourage our users to simply re-take the quiz while we work on this.
And there you have it. – That should get you on your way. If you’re stuck, or you’re dying to tell us nice things, use the contact form and we will get back to you. We are here for you!
FAQ - in case your brain isn't full yet.
We add answers here as questions come up. If you don’t see what you need, shoot us your question in excruciating detail using the contact form.
Adding seats to a group
- You can add seats to a Design/Finishing group but we strongly suggest you start a new group for each course start date. It’s not helpful to see students from last year when you’re looking up quiz results from last week.
- You can add seats to a Superstar Educator group This is special for SPEC schools. Nobody else can do this. Sweet, right?
Now, the actual way to add seats can be confusing. Let’s go down the rabbit hole:
- First select the group on the Group Management page.
- Tap Add Seats, and you’ll go back to the cart page.
- In the cart, the number of seats is already set to the current number of seats in the group plus one.
- Increase the quantity to the desired total number of seats. This can be confusing. If you have 7 users in your group, and you want to add 3 more users, you’d set this number to 10 total users.
- Tap Update Cart. The total due is calculated from the cost of the new seats, a discount for the seats already purchased, and any discount codes. When the order is completed, the additional seats are added to the group and you can invite your new users as normal.