Relax. It only looks like a ton of information.
You got this.
User's Guide for Salons
The URL – This is how you got here. In case anyone asks.
Purchasing for your team – Track course progress and quiz results for everybody in one place. Learn together, win together! If you accidentally buy a course intended for someone else in the other store there’s no way for them to access it. So, it’s easy to remember: if you’re buying for your team, buy from Team Courses.
As a heads-up, because you will name your group during checkout, you can only buy for one group at a time. For example, you would get Superstar Educator for you and your education manager first in the Best Bosses Ever Group, and then do a second transaction with Design and Finishing for your stylists in the Legends of Style Group.
The Cart – In the shop, you decided what to put in your cart. Here is where you decide how many. This is where you select the number of users for your group. You’ll invite your users after checkout in the Group Management panel.
Note that if you’ve got the Salon Pack in there, it already comes with 20 seats. If you buy 2, you’ll have 40 seats.
The Checkout – The information you enter here will be used to create your account if you’re not already logged in. The email should be one that’s not likely to change, since all receipts and notifications will go there.
Also, there is a place here for you to enter a group name. You cannot change this name later, so it’s worth a think. We suggest using the course name and start date as a handy way to stay organized.
Login – After checkout (congratulations!), your account and transaction details will be emailed to you. Now is the perfect time to try out the new credentials.
My Profile – After logging in you should be directed to your Profile page. It’s got your purchase history, your account info, and links to your courses.
And there’s a mysterious and alluring button that reads “Group Management” and it’s just begging to be tapped. I’m feeling reckless. Let’s do it.
The Group Management Panel – It might look confusing, but you’ll get it. Promise.
- Group. Once you have more than one group, this will become a drop-down selector.
- Add User. This is where you fill those seats. I don’t know why there’s an option for adding one user. It works the same as multiple but takes longer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Add Group Leader. As the account owner you’re automatically listed here, but you can add more. A Group Leader can see everyone’s scores and contact them through the Email Users button, but cannot access the course material unless added as a user (or already owns it).
Progress – And there we have student1‘s progress in all her courses. These numbers only change when she taps the “Mark Complete” button in each segment, so she may be farther along but plans to review before committing. She’s always been smart like that.
Quiz Selection – You can get everyone’s scores in real time right here by refreshing the page.
- Be sure to select the correct Course and Quiz.
- Tap the tiny quiz page icon to drill down for more detail.
Quiz Drill Down – We can’t tell you what they had for lunch, but we can tell you everything about their quiz.
We have had rare reports of an answer being recorded incorrectly (a learner answers A and the system records B). It’s rare. We encourage our users to simply re-take the quiz while we work on this.
FAQ - in case your brain isn't full yet.
Adding seats to a group
- The short answer is that because of how credit card companies handle subscriptions (repeating payments), you cannot add seats to groups. You will have to create a new group.
- You can add users to a Design & Finishing Salon Pack up to the maximum of 20. The 21st user will need a new group.
Removing users from a group
- If a user has not yet started a group course, they can easily be removed by selecting their checkbox in the Group Management panel and tapping “Remove User”.
- Once a user begins a group course, they cannot be removed. We are working with our developers to change this behavior, since as a subscription-based service we feel that a salon should be able to remove a stylist if they leave (for example). For now, if you really need to axe someone from the group, shoot us an email with your account details, the group name, and the name of the user you wish to remove, and we’ll make it happen.